As the weather turns chilly outside, there’s this undeniable craving that creeps in – the kind that only a bowl of chicken noodle soup can satisfy. Today, I’m excited to share a recipe that’s been my go-to comfort on cold days. A simmering pot of chicken noodle soup on the stove is sure to warm the soul. So, if you’re ready to turn your kitchen into a haven of warmth and delicious aromas, let’s dive into a chicken noodle soup adventure perfect for those chilly days!
Disclosure: As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. My blog contains other affiliate links as well for your convenience. To learn more, you may read my Disclosure Policy. Thank you for supporting my blog!
Chicken Broth – Using 100% Fat-Free and low or no sodium keeps the broth from getting too “salty”. For an extra punch of flavor, add a tablespoon of “Better than Bouillon“
Herbs – Parsley, bay leaf, Garlic and pepper
Vegetables – Carrots, Celery, Onion
Noodles – Try my homemade egg noodle recipe, or your favorite store-bought noodles
Chicken – I like to have pre-cooked shredded chicken in the freezer for recipes like this one. However, you can add 2-3 chicken breasts to the broth and cook while the stock simmers.
How to Make Chicken Noodle Soup
Prepare the vegetables by chopping the carrots (you can buy these pre-cut), celery, and onion into bite-size pieces.
Fill a Dutch Oven with chicken broth, better than bouillon, garlic, parsley, bay leaf, carrots, onion, celery and pepper.
If you don’t have prepared chicken, add 2-3 chicken breasts to the stock, and simmer for 3-4 hours until the vegetables are soft and chicken breasts are cooked thoroughly.
Remove chicken from soup broth and cut using kitchen sheers.
Before serving, add noodles and cook according to instructions. Store-bought noodles will take longer to cook than my homemade egg noodles. I promise, my homemade egg noodle recipe is super simple and it will take this Chicken Noodle Soup recipe to the next level of deliciousness!
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 1 Tablespoon Better than Bouillon
- 6 cups chicken broth
- Bay Leaf
- Fresh Garlic
- Salt and Pepper (I omit the salt)
- Egg Noodles
- Chop vegetables into bite-size pieces.
- Fill a Dutch oven with chicken broth, better than bouillon, garlic, parsley, bay leaf, carrots, onion, celery and pepper. Simmer for 3-4 hours until vegetables are tender and chicken breasts are thoroughly cooked.
- Remove chicken from pot and cut into bite-size pieces with kitchen sheers. Return to soup
- Prior to serving, Bring vegetables and broth to a slight boil and cook noodles per package directions. If you are using my homemade egg noodles, they will only take 2-3 min.