My new love, Lyndale Drive! This is how she looked when I first found her on Zillow and begged Mike to go look at her with me………..he drug his feet, but I got him here. It was love at first site…… for both of us.
Mike and I are now empty nesters, grandparents of 3 beautiful children and parents to two fur babies, Tader and Cody – so what should empty nesters do? You guessed it, move to a new house! This builder grade beauty is full of opportunity and the perfect canvas for the DIY lover in me.
Mike was thinking his projects would be over and he could relax……..wrong! I still have a notebook, called Pinterest, FULL of ideas for this new place!
Projects on our “wish list” or should I call it Big Dreams!
- Build a lower deck
- Design and build a counter by the grill (will also serve as a cover for the egress window)
- Build a shed
- Add a third stall garage (big dream)
- Install a hot tub (big dream)
- Build a covered porch (big dream)
- Add shiplap to master bedroom and half bath, entryway, living room……..
- Add framework to bathroom windows
- shelving in the storage closet
- Update some light fixtures
- Add some open shelving to kitchen
- Revamp the island
- Add cupboards to the laundry area
Mike thought my project ideas would be done when we moved to the new house……he will freak out when he sees this list! LOL